Ninety-eight percent of Florida adults ages 18 and older donated to a charitable cause in the past year, according to a survey by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Florida Nonprofit Alliance.
- Other key findings include:
- More than 60 percent give less than $1,000 per year.
- 85 percent do some or a lot of research into charities before donating.
- 58 percent know how to verify whether a charity is permitted to fundraise.
- 59 percent give to charities in Florida.
- 48 percent give to national charities.
To access the survey report, visit floridaconsumerhelp.com and click on Charities.
Leave a Comment